How to Ride SafeRide
- Step 1: Call (785) 864-SAFE (7233) between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 2:30 a.m. during service hours. Service Calendar below.
- Step 2: Tell the operator the number of passengers, the pickup location and the delivery destination.
- Step 3: SafeRide will ONLY transport passengers to their homes within city limits. Be waiting outside at the requested location early. SafeRide will not call you when the vehicle arrives.
- Step 4: When the marked SafeRide vehicle arrives all passengers will be required to show their KU Cards before loading.
- Step 5: You may be required to show proof of residence of the destination requested. Valid proof of residence includes a utility bill showing your name and the destination address or your driver license with the destination address. Be prepared to provide this information if you live off-campus.
- Step 6: Do not distract the driver. The ride is fare-free. Tips are not allowed.
- Fall/Spring: Monday through Sunday, 10:30 p.m. until 2:30 a.m.
- Summer: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 10:30 p.m. until 2:30 a.m.
- If SafeRide is called on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday and the student has an origin and destination within ¼ mile of a SafeBus stop then they will be asked to use the nearest SafeBus route.
- Service only available to KU Students. All riders in a group are required to show KU Cards when boarding the vehicle.
Call 864-SAFE (7233), Monday thru Sunday, 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.